The DuPont Clinic is a referral center for ultrasound-guided procedures, primarily for management of abnormal and high-risk pregnancies. If you would like to refer a patient or discuss a potential referral, please call us at 202-844-2004 or complete the online referral form here and we will respond as soon as possible.
Ectopic Pregnancy: Sonographic evaluation and minimally invasive management of extrauterine pregnancy. At the DuPont Clinic, we specialize in the diagnosis and management of advanced ectopic pregnancies. We have years of experience in the ultrasonographic evaluation of all types of ectopic pregnancies. Through the use of ultrasound-guided injection, we are able to manage most ectopic pregnancies without surgery.
- Cesarean scar implantation ectopic pregnancy
- Tubal ectopic pregnancy
- Cornual ectopic pregnancy
- Abdominal ectopic pregnancy
- Cervical ectopic pregancy
- Ovarian ectopic pregnancy
Intrauterine pregnancy complicated by fetal or maternal complications. The DuPont Clinic specializes in the termination of pregnancy for all indications.
- Dilation and evacuation through 26-weeks gestation. D&E can be performed at the DuPont Clinic or hospital depending on history and needs of the patient.
- Induction termination after 20-weeks gestation. Induction can be performed at the DuPont Clinic or hospital depending on history and needs of the patient.
- Early induced abortion. The DuPont Clinic does not have a minimum gestational age. We will perform uterine aspiration with a manual-vacuum source as soon as a pregnancy test turns positive.
Selective reduction of multiple gestation pregnancies. We perform selective reductions down to twins or singletons from 12 weeks and beyond for all indications.
- Selective reduction from triplets (or higher order multiples) to twins
- Selective reduction from twins to singleton
Ultrasonographic evaluation of gynecologic conditions
- Intracavitary and submucosal leiomyomata (fibroids). Using saline-infusion sonohysterography, we can determine the locations and intracavitary extent of leiomyomas. The intracavity is commonly used to determine whether hysteroscopic resection is likely to be successful.
- Endometrial polyps. Using saline-infusion sonohysterography, we can diagnose endometrial polyps accurately and easily.
Features of care at the DuPont Clinic
- We tailor the patient experience to the needs of each patient. We will do our best to meet your patient’s needs, both medical and personal.
- All patients receive the same exceptional level of care and privacy. As a patient at the DuPont Clinic, your patient is unlikely to see any other patients.